Is my Heel Pain Plantar Fasciitis?
There can be many reasons why people develop heel pain. In our clinic at Complete Feet we treat all different types of heel pain such as calcaneus stress fractures, heel spurs, fat pad degeneration and plantar fasciitis. All these have almost exactly the same symptoms to the patient, but must be treated differently to obtain a quick and successful result- no pain!
In the clinic we take time to diagnose the various reasons why you may experience heel pain, and then decide with you the best and most economical why to get fast pain relief for Plantar Fasciitis. If you have had pain for many months or years before deciding to have the problem assessed or treated, then the time to get pain reduction for Plantar Fasciitis may take longer.Your Doctor or specialist may prescribe Oral Anti-inflammatories as a first step treatment (NSAIDS). When this does not work, there are a range of other treatments to aid with plantar fascia pain :
- Determine the cause of the Plantar Fascia pain. eg. poor footwear, foot mechanics etc
- Stretch the Calf muscles (gastrocnemius & soleus) to reduce the strain on the heel
- Ice the heel area
- Provide Silicone heel Cup
- Take pressure off the Heel and Plantar Fascia with Orthotics for Plantar Fascitis
- Massage & Physical Therapy
For further Information we suggest calling our clinic on 1300 668 117 or Make an Appointment